Difference between revisions of "Headkase"
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
''Devolution Magazine: Essential Summer Listening''''' the ""
''Before the Calm Returns''
Revision as of 21:18, 12 January 2013
- Todd Hansen (drums)
- Raleigh Valemont (lead guitar)
- Tristan Sykes (rhythm guitar)
- Brett Hansen (keyboard)
- Dylan Kreis (bass)
- Nathan 'Nutty' Spotswood (vocals)
Brisbane, QLD, 2001
Headkase is a hard rock/metal band from Brisbane, Australia formed in 2001 and known for their theatrical and energetic stage shows often including circus-themed costumes, masks and facepaint. Notable for combining many different musical styles (metal, jazz, techno, salsa, swing, and circus music, among others) the band's sound is frequently compared to acts like Mr. Bungle and Dog Fashion Disco, and has always been described by fans and reviewers as "circus-metal", a term which the band have chosen to use themselves as a description of their music.
They have supported (Hed) P.E., Killing Joke, Skinlab and Jerk along with Blood Duster, Devolved and Testeagles, as well as performances at festivals including Overcranked 2006 and Rapid 2002 and 2005.
Headkase released a demo/EP titled The Beginning in 2001, followed by their full-length studio album The Worm County Circus in early 2009, which was mastered by Dave Neil (whose other mastering work includes releases by Devolved, The Butterfly Effect, Melodyssey and Kate Miller-Heidke).
Drummer Todd Hansen is also currently a member of The Berzerker, KcaveMen, The Wrath, F.U.C!. (Forests Under Construction!), Sleigher (a Christmas themed metal band), and Finnish band Dizeaze. He is also well known for his work with From These Wounds, Beijing Tank, Happy Camper, and as a brief fill-in touring drummer for American deathcore band As Blood Runs Black during their UK tour in 2008. Keyboard player Brett Hansen (brother of Todd) is currently a member of 8-piece ska/swing band Rad Rockets Are GO!, and has been a permanent member of avant-garde noise group Silent Partners since 2002. He was also known for his work with ambient quintet Marlinchen before their demise in 2007.
|2008||The Worm County Circus||self release|
|2001||The Beginning||self release|
Appearances on compilations
- Appeared on Generation Dead: A Compilation from the Dark Side of Music, released 2010 on Dead Records with their track "Where the Blood May Lead".
- Appeared on Devolution Magazine: Essential Summer Listening, released 2009 by Devolution Magazine in the UK with their track "Cocaine and Caffeine".
- Appeared on Mecha Organa Vol. 2, released 2009 by The Apparatus in the USA with their track "Where the Blood May Lead".
- Appeared on Before the Calm Returns, released 2007 on Before the Calm Returns Records with their track "Murdered and Dumped in the Willow".