Against the Grain (festival)
- Bridgeway Hotel, Pooraka (2005 - 2006)
- Fowlers Live, Adelaide (2007 - 2009)
Against the Grain was a heavy metal music festival held in Adelaide in Spring. The festival began as a small gathering of ten local bands organised by Lee Gardiner from Double Dragon and Jason North of Truth Corroded at the Bridgeway Hotel in the Adelaide suburb of Pooraka. In 2007, the event moved to Fowlers Live in the city and expanded to 14 bands. The show later grew to include over 20 acts from around the country. Singaporean death metal band Bhelliom became the first foreign band to play the show in 2009.
On April 7, 2010, North and Gardner announced that the festival would no longer be taking place.
Line up history
- September 3, 2005 - Shallow Grave, Truth Corroded, Double Dragon, The Jonestown Syndicate, Later That Night, Impartial, Murder Hill, Sarsekim, A Red Dawn, Blood Mason
- July 22, 2006 - Daysend, Double Dragon, Truth Corroded, Diatribe, The Abandonment, Synthesist, Through His Blood, Locura, Nothing Remains, Dead Hours, Black Like Vengeance
- September 15, 2007 - Fuck... I'm Dead, Pathogen, Double Dragon, Terrorust, Truth Corroded, Lynchmada, Switchblade, Black Like Vengeance, Five Star Prison Cell, A Red Dawn, Closed Casket, This Side of the Massacre, In the Burial, Saeturnum
- September 13, 2008 - Psycroptic, Blood Duster, Double Dragon, Daysend, Picture the End, Truth Corroded, Dyscord, The Ocularis Infernum, Diatribe, State of Integrity, Skintilla, A Red Dawn, Se Bon Ki Ra, Asphyxia
- September 19, 2009 - Alchemist, The Amenta, Mournful Congregation, Captain Cleanoff, Alarum, LORD, Double Dragon, Truth Corroded, Ne Obliviscaris, Separatist, Lynchmada, Empyrean, Claim the Throne, Gallows for Grace, 'neath, Octanic, Bhelliom, Se Bon Ki Ra, In Death, Taunt, Arcadia (Infiltraitor cancelled and were replaced by Se Bon Ki Ra).